Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Epos system?
A basic Octepos Epos system would generally consist of a touch screen till system, mouse, keyboard, cash drawer and thermal receipt printer. You may then have a barcode scanner or weighing scales and may even have handheld POS devices that transfer information to the till remotely. On the till system would be the Touch Epos Software that manages the data input from the touch screen monitor and the peripheral devices.
I'm getting a message that says my license is about to expire, what should I do?
- You will need to contact 0845 053 5318 and let us know where you're calling from, we can then provide you with a new license activation key
My cash drawer isnt opening?
- Have you just changed the till roll and said no to the message that appeared on the screen?
- Are your receipts printing?
- Check the cable that comes from the cash drawer is plugged into the receipt printer
I have replaced the till roll, now the receipts are printing blank?
Note: This is usually that the till roll has been put into the printer the wrong way up
- Open the printer lid and remove the roll
- Replace the roll the other way up and close the lid
- Press the feed button on the printer and make sure the printer feeds out some paper
- Retry a void sale for example to test the receipt
How do I add a new operator?
Note: You will need to have access to back office to do this
- Sign on
- Type in 10101
- Press UTILITIES
- Press OPERATORS
- Type in the name of the person you need to add and press ENTER
- The system will ask you if you want to add the new name and you can say yes to this.
- Enter a sign on code OR if you are using swipe cards tab to the hot code box and swipe your card, (make sure that the numbers appear in the hot code box
- Now click on the sales mode function button, you will need to decide what you would like the new operator to be able to do on the tills, click on the ones you want to allow and then click on the arrow pointing to the right to allow them
- You will also need to decide if you want the operator to have access to back office and reports and you will need to tick the boxes accordingly. Octepos recommends that these two options are reserved for managers ONLY
- When you are finished you can press save